- 1 x 230g pack ready rolled short-crust pastry (or 200 g plain flour with 50 g butter and 50g margarine rubbed in)
- 350g golden syrup
- 40g treacle ( or golden syrup or maple syrup)
- 275ml double cream
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 65g porridge oats, finely blended in a food processor (or the instant kind)
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 22cm (8 ¾ in) fluted tart tin
- tin foil and baking beans
- Line the tart tin with the pastry, press into the edges but don’t trim yet, set aside in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up.
- Heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Trim the edges of the pastry using a sharp knife, line with tin foil and fill with baking beans, bake for 15 minutes, remove the beans and set aside to cool slightly. Reduce the temperature to 170C.
- Mix the remaining ingredients until smooth then pour into the pastry case. Bake for 60 – 80 minutes until the filling is a deep gold colour
- Serve warm with clotted cream
First made with Sophia and Felicity Harrison on Tuesday 04 November 2014, really delicious and simple
Slightly modified from http://www.womanandhome.com/recipes/536552/treacle-tart#qCMPTfZ3d9jkRZ85.99