Based on a Jamie Oliver dish, really good risotto, great on its own or with grilled meats. Very Luxurious !!
1 Small Onion chopped fairly small
4 cloves of garlic chopped fairly small
250g Risotto Rice
1 litre Vegetable stock hot in a pan
50 – 75 g of Gorgonzola or any soft smelly cheese, crumbled up
Handful of finely grated Parmesan cheese with extra for serving
2 Tablespoons chopped chives
1 Apple, de-seeded and chopped up
A handful of roughly chopped walnuts
- Put a good slug of the olive oil into a non stick pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic towards the end of this frying period to soften it.
- Add the rice and fry for a minute or two.
- Add a ladelful of vegetable stock and stir until absorbed, keep adding the stock like this until the rice is cooked through. Leave the rice a little wet.
- Add the cheeses and stir gently until melted in to the rice than add the chives, apple and walnuts.