- 1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into bite-size flowerets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- Preheat fryer oil to 375.
- Place the beaten eggs, milk and salt in a shallow bowl (or a large baggie).
- In a seperate shallow bowl (or another large baggie), mix together flour, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- Place flowerets into egg mixture and toss (or shake baggie) to coat well.
- Remove and place into flour mixture and toss (or shake baggie) to coat well.
- Fry in batches for 4 – 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and lightly salt.
- Serve with dipping sauces such as garlic or curry mayonnaise
Amazingly good and easy, First cooked April 2011