I very rarely use packet food but this worked out very well and was very quick. The Sauce for Fish Fajitas is really lovely and takes very little effort to make.
- A box for Tex-mex preparation for chicken Fajitas cooked in the oven with the Tortillas, crispy coating and tomato sauce.
- 600g of Pangasius or any other cheap and cheerful frozen white fish that you like.
- Green salad
- Sweet onion or red onion
- Yellow Pepper
- Sauce for Fajitas (see below)
- Defrost the fish and dry very well with paper towels.
- Put the oven on to heat up to 200º C
- Prepare the Sauce for the Fajitas (see below) and keep it in the fridge until serving.
- Line two baking trays with cooking parchment paper or aluminium foil
- Cut the fish into chunky strips. Put into a bowl and gently coat with 30 ml of corn oil (it gives the coating something to stick to).
- Then put the crispy coating into a dry 1 litre plastic bag, add the fish pieces and gently toss around until they are covered.
- Put the strips onto the prepared baking trays trying to keep the pieces separated.
- Prepare a green salad to serve with the Fajitas, it does not need a dressing as you have the prepared sauce and the tomato sauce from the box. Finely slice the onion and yellow pepper.
- Once the oven is up to heat cook the fish strips for about 10 minutes depending on how thick they are. Do not overcook !!
- Warm the Tortillas and onto the Tortillas put some green salad, the fish strips, finely sliced sweet onion, finely sliced yellow peppers, and the yogurt sauce and the tomato sauce. Wrap it all up and eat with your fingers.
Sauce for Fish Fajitas
50g natural yogurt
2 peeled garlic cloves chopped roughly
Juice of ½ a lime
Small handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped.
1 teaspoon of Fajita seasoning (see below)
Put everything into a bowl and blend. Then pour into a small serving dish and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
4 tsp chili powder
6 tsp cumin
3 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp paprika
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
Combine all of the spices into a storage jar or spice jar and shake or stir well to combine. Store and use as needed.