Great little bread rolls
1 tablespoon fresh yeast
1 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups warm milk
5 tablespoons of soft butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons garlic powder
3 large eggs
1 tsp salt
8 cups of bread flour
Plus 1/4 to 1/2 cup for kneading
- In a large bowl put the warm water, 1 tbsn sugar and yeast, mix well, cover and set aside for 5 mins.
- Peel the onion chop roughly and put it in the blender or food processor and puree it.
- Add the pureed onion, warm milk, soft butter, sugar, garlic powder, eggs, salt and flour to the yeast mixture and knead until smooth.
- Cover with and oiled plastic bag and put in a warm place to rise for at least an hour and a half.
- After dough rises knead again until smooth and then form 40 rolls.
- Place the rolls on floured baking trays, put a little flour on the top of each roll and cover with clean tea towels and let them rise in a warm place again for an hour and 30 mins.
- Put the oven on to heat up to 200º C
- When the rolls have risen put into the oven for 20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on cooling racks.
Based on Robert Roberts at Old Fashioned Cooking, Baking and Recipes. (cannot find it online anymore July 2020)